WELCOME, BRIARLAKE BEAVERS!
THE INNOVATION LAB WALL NEEDS OUR BRIARLAKE STUDENTS' INPUT!
The STEM committee decided that it would be extremely empowering to include the students with helping renovate their Innovation Lab.
The wall will include painting a mural that inspires, motivates, and promotes creative thinking. This is where our students’ voices will be heard. We are asking students to work independently, with a partner, or in teams to design the Briarlake Innovation Lab wall mural.
To participate, each grade level is assigned two categories from the STEM components. Students will draw pictures that illustrate the future of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math, with their depiction of how to inspire creativity NOW for the need for STEM in the future. If a student is assigned a category, i.e. Math, and really is interested in another area to illustrate, please allow for this differentiated interest. Adult guidance is welcomed, but the art work must be kid-inspired and kid-created.
Interested students must illustrate their final design on the back of the paper sent home in Friday folders, and return it to their homeroom teacher by Friday, March 29. So that the art is scaled properly, be sure that the illustration is in portrait form.
Our STEM committee will choose the best illustrations to paint on our Innovation Lab wall. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Black at veena_black@dekalbschoolsga.
GEORGIA MILESTONES PRACTICE RESOURCES
The GADOE provides numerous critical resources for teachers and parents to support instruction in preparation for the GAMS. See links and descriptions below:
- Reading & Evidence-Based Writing Passage and Item Sets - Provide sample extended/constructed response writing prompts and exemplars for teachers to use in the classroom. Items and scoring exemplars exist for every tested content. These should be reviewed with students to prepare them for the open-ended writing components of GAMS.
- Test Blueprints - These communicate the structure of the test. They outline the types of items students will see as well as the number of items points possible.
- Assessment Guides - These are supplemental resources designed to acquaint you with the structure and content of the assessment.
- Study/Resource Guides - These guides contain practice questions and learning activities. This is a great resource to share with parents.
- Achievement Level Descriptors - These descriptors describe how much mastery a student has. These documents break the content areas down by standard.
- Friday, March 29
- Monday, April 1
- Tuesday, April 2
- Wednesday, April 3
- Thursday, April 4
- Friday, April 5
- Tuesday, April 9
- Thursday, April 11