Who To Contact When Questions Arise...
8/22/2023 1:43 pm
Please review and save the list below so you are aware who to contact when questions arise.
Direct questions regarding the following items to the people below:
- Dismissal Car Number Tags – David Clay: David_A_Clay@dekalbschoolsga.org
- Reporting your child's absence from school - email your child's homeroom teacher AND our school registrar, Ms. Samantha Shelby: email@example.com
- Changes in transportation - email your child's homeroom teacher AND BES Transportation Change: BESTC@dekalbschoolsga.org. This must be done by 1pm!
- Questions about school lunch - contact our cafeteria manager, Ms. Shondra McCrary-McGill Shondra_Mccraryfirstname.lastname@example.org
- General questions pertaining to your child's class - email your child's homeroom teacher
- Questions regarding gifted eligibility - email our gifted liaison, Ms. Veena Black – email@example.com.
- Questions related to school counseling - email our school counselor: Ms. Clishe Thomas: Clishe_thomas@dekalbschoolsga.org
- Questions pertaining to After School @ Briarlake Elementary - please contact the director Ms. Marian Hamiliton: Marian_Hamilton@dekalbschoolsga.org
- Questions pertaining to grades - email your child's teacher
- Questions pertaining to class schedules, progress reports, and report cards - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions pertaining to districtwide assessments (MAP, CogAT, GA Milestones, ACCESS) - email Mrs. Jones - Camille_l_jones@dekalbschoolsga.org
- Membership Toolkit - PTA https://briarlakepta.membershiptoolkit.com/membership
- Spiritwear - PTA - email@example.com
- Volunteer opportunities - PTA - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions pertaining to schoolwide operations - email Mrs. Jones: Camille_l_jones@dekalbschoolsga.org
Briarlake Frequently Asked Questions
8/4/2023 2:08 pm
How do I contact the school?
Main Office: 678-874-2502
FAX Number: 678-874-2510
School Web Address: https://www.briarlakees.dekalb.k12.ga.us/
Briarlake PTA Web Address: www.briarlakepta.org
What time does school start?
7:00 a.m. - Building opens, supervision of students will begin. Please do not send your child prior to 7:00 a.m. as there are no staff members on duty at this me. This is a safety issue.
7:20 a.m. - Students are dismissed to go to their classes.
7:34 a.m. – “In the door by 7:34” – we aim for all students to be inside Briarlake by 7:34 a.m.
7:40 a.m. - Carpool ends, front doors close. Students should be in their seats and ready to work when the bell sounds at 7:40 a.m.
After 7:40 a.m. -Tardy - Promptness to class is very important. Students who arrive after 7:40 must be signed in by their parent/guardian. The school counselor will make follow-up calls regarding frequent tardiness. Students in the building before the doors close are allowed to class without a parent sign-in. However, they are considered tardy if they are not in their seats by 7:40 a.m.
What time does school end?
2:20 p.m. - Dismissal begins. Walkers, bus riders, daycare van riders, and carpool riders are called when transportation arrives at Briarlake.
2:30 p.m. - Aftercare students are dismissed.
2:40 p.m.- Carpool ends. Remaining students will go to aftercare. Please arrange for students to be picked between 2:20 & 2:40 p.m. Students should be picked up no later than 2:45 p.m.
Can my child walk home alone?
Students in grades 3-5 are permitted to walk home alone if parents have provided their permission on the Briarlake Student Information Form. Students in grade K-2 are allowed to walk home with an older sibling if the parents have provided their permission on the Briarlake Student Information Form. Students will exit the building through the cafeteria doors to the deck. Parents must complete the “Permission to Walk Home Alone” form.
How do I pick up my child as a walker?
Parents/guardians who walk home with their children will wait for their child on the deck outside the cafeteria. They must show the school issued Walker Number Card then the staﬀ will call for the student. The student will deposit his/her lanyard in the designated container and exit the cafe doors to their waiting parent/guardian. Please stop by the BES transportation table at Open House to be assigned your Walker Number Card.
How does Briarlake communicate with me?
Weekly PTA Email Blast – Get all the latest Briarlake news and calendar updates! Whether or not you decide to become a member of Briarlake PTA (we hope you will!), you definitely want to sign up for the weekly Briarlake PTA Email Blasts and occasional time-sensitive reminders and updates. This is one of the school’s main channels of communication for sharing information about everything that is happening at Briarlake. Don’t miss out on these important updates! PTA Members will be automatically added or you can sign up under the “for PARENTS” tab at www.briarlakepta.org.
School Messenger – Both Briarlake and DCSD Administration use School Messenger to send important school and district announcements and alerts. School Messenger uses contact information from the Parent Portal in Infinite Campus to communicate with families via email, text, and phone, and all parents/guardians are automatically enrolled.
Principal’s Newsletter – Principal Jones sends out a weekly newsletter to all families via email.
Class Dojo – All classes will use Class Dojo this year. Homeroom teachers will provide further instructions for using Class Dojo.
Friday Folders – Weekly communication folders will be sent home with your child containing student work and paper communications.READ MORE
Please Join Us!
7/17/2023 11:00 am
We want to invite each of you to become a member of Briarlake PTA for the 2023-2024 school year and thank everyone who has already joined!
The motto of PTA is "Every child. One Voice."
We take this charge seriously and need your participation to help ensure that we are advocating for the success of every child. But please don't worry; joining the PTA does not require a major commitment of either time or resources (although we certainly welcome both). You can make a difference by simply becoming a member!
By paying your $12 annual dues, you can help us show strength in numbers and lend your voice to this important cause. Additionally, your annual membership gives you a vote in our upcoming general membership meeting on August 24th, where we will elect new PTA board members and approve the annual budget.
Finally, we are applying to once again become a National PTA School of Excellence this year, so we can continue to attract the very best faculty and staff as well as new families to our Briarlake school community. Our goal is 380 PTA members this year...let's do this!
Please join today at Briarlakepta.org!
If you are interested in gifting a membership to another Briarlake parent or accepting a gifted membership, please email email@example.com.. We want to do everything we can to make sure everyone who wants to join is able to.READ MORE
Questions? Contact Our PTA. We're here to help.
- Thursday, February 29
- Tuesday, March 5
- Friday, March 8
- Wednesday, March 13
- Thursday, March 14
- Saturday, March 16